Directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibility for production, maintenance, quality, shipping and other production related activities. Responsibility for one facility of ITW Polymers Sealants North America, and in addition is responsible Safety, ISO 9001 and facility upkeep. Coordinates and directs the activities of the facility operations to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
• Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-day operations to exceed our customer’s expectations
• Responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
• Supervise team leads (shipping, packaging, compounding, maintenance) in coordination with the appropriate scheduling of manufacturing and projects
• Responsible for having all raw materials and packaging required for production
• Supervise all of the functions of the QC department which includes quarterly audits from 3rd party testing facilities
• Maintain ISO 9001 documentation for internal and external audits
• Responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment for their subordinate employees
• Direct, train, and monitor activity within the group(s), insuring compliance with all appropriate procedures and policies for that functional group
• Present ideas and plans for improvements supported by appropriate analysis
• Periodically procure items for either production, or department use
• Responsible for conducting employee performance appraisals
• Responsible for scheduling time off for subordinate personnel
• Coordinate activities with other functional groups (EHS, maintenance, shipping, accounting etc.)
• Other related duties as directed by management (including filling in as a team leader, or for the plant manager when they are out of the plant)
REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
• Ability to provide leadership in directing and managing a diverse work group to meet company goals
• Advanced computer skills
• Must have demonstrated sufficient communications skills (both written and oral) for upward, and downward communications flow
• Working knowledge of all pertinent ITW Polymers Sealants N.A. policies and procedures
• Minimum 4 years of experience in manufacturing OR Bachelor’s OR Associates degree in business administration or related field
• A degree or advanced courses related or pertinent to supervising in a manufacturing environment are preferred
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.