The Innovation & Technology Director will be a key contributor to the successful development and execution of major innovation partnerships, alliances and growth initiatives for ITW Polymers Sealants directly understanding new market trends, framing new business opportunities, assessing emerging technologies and their relevance to new products or services.
• Manages the R&D Departments including personnel, budgets, equipment, etc.
• Responsible for managing the Quality function. Reviews and approves formula adjustments and changes to raw materials, processes and / or testing procedures in order to assure product conformance and reduce rejections. Communicates with external and internal customers to resolve quality issues.
• Manages Military QPL by working closely with government personnel in charge of specifications in order to make certain our military coatings remain in compliance with the specifications.
• Ensure all computerized formula databases are maintained for all of our products.
• Lead the ideation process and assess specific needs of the business and markets to identify and tailor new solutions for those markets or stakeholders
• Deliver innovative capabilities and business models that enable the division to meet customer needs and maintain or grow market share
• Responsible for researching and evaluating innovation concepts in a disciplined manner to maintain pipeline of opportunities and apply tools and defined methodologies to prioritize them (including testing, qualifying, resources, etc.)
• Leverages consumer insights, market trends, and industry research to ground innovation concepts and priorities
• Consolidate Customer Back Innovation information from the division’s business units and geographic locations to maintain a division-level view of all relevant innovation reporting
• Partner with resources from the India Innovation Center (IIC) and the Corporate Innovation Center (CIC)
• Support the VP/GM and business leadership in preparing pipeline and NPD revenue (Lever 3) information for Annual Plan and Customer Back Innovation Strategy for Long Range Plan
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
• 7+ year’s professional business experience leading both technical and non-technical teams
• Must have strong leadership skills, with demonstrated success in fostering a collaborative accountable and solution-oriented environment
• Must possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of thriving in a team environment.
• Must demonstrate an outside/in market approach.
• Experience with formalized innovation process (example- Stage & Gate).
• Possess an insatiable curiosity and strong persistence
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively interact and present to both internal and external senior management
• Must have demonstrated success in reading market conditions, understanding and prioritizing speed and urgency based on changing market conditions
• Must have proven and successful new product launch experience, including intimate familiarity with innovation funnel, strong supplier relationships and effective product lifecycle planning
• Experience in Epoxy, Methyl Methacrylate and / or Polyurethane chemistries preferred
• Ability to deliver results through exceptional project management skills and natural leadership capabilities.
• Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• An advanced technical or business-related Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution is desirable.
• Experience in managing business development, innovation, strategic planning, product development, in a chemical industry
• Research, concept and value proposition development skills
• Must have a desire to travel as required, occasionally on short notice. Up to 40% travel.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
• Success is measured by the execution of the strategic plan that ties to Division goals along with defined Customer Back Innovation metrics
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.