The Team Lead position is responsible for coordinating and participating in activities of the team to ensure that schedule and objectives (safety, quality, housekeeping, layout and design) are met.
- Set daily production schedule for production lines based on master schedule
- Close the facility per daily close procedure
- Create and distribute daily extrusion report form
- Create and close work orders in Jomar for daily extrusion report forms (10 – 15 Minutes)
- Monitor team performance
- Work with Compounder/Mixing Leads to ensure bulk batches are ready and dumped when required
- Daily 5-minute team meeting covering safety, schedule, who is doing what and issues/problems from previous day
- Notify supervisors of any issues
- Trouble shoot issues with tape
- Own visual production board. Post previous day’s production on white board and today’s production goal
- Communicate maintenance issues to plant mechanic or plant engineer
- Maintain a safe and clean production area by coordinating team housekeeping effort and following all plant safety rules and regulations (5S)
- Complete required PM’s items
- Fill in and run lines when required
- Train employees how to properly operate line
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Organizational Skills
- Shows Initiative
- Thoroughness with all duties
- Able to effectively perform time management
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Outlook (email), Excel and Word
- Must be able to lift between 10-50 pounds approximately 60% of the time
- Must be able to bend/stoop approximately 25% of the time
Constant exposure (66%-100% of the time) to the following working conditions:
- A manufacturing area with limited heat or air conditioning. Conditions may be cold or extremely hot and humid.
- Exposure to the hazards of moving equipment, high voltage, and moving mechanical parts that require use of Personal Protective Safety Equipment (PPE’s) including steel toed shoes, arm sleeves and safety goggles.
- Exposure to fumes and/or airborne particles
|3-5 Years experiencing leading in manufacturing department
Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
Minimum of a high school education or equivalent and one year of factory-related experience
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.