The Application Engineer will provide engineering and technical product support to distributors, applicators, customers, end users and colleagues for ITW PSNA products involved within the Construction, Roof and Concrete restoration and Industrial Coatings
- Provide applications support before and after sales, including product selection and application, troubleshooting and post-installation support. Inspect finished jobs to ensure adherence to our application procedures (especially when warranties are to be
- Support customer interactions in relation to any technical inquiries or complaints.
- Define and create technical training modules for workshops, customer product training, Sales & Marketing personnel and distributors, together with contributions to and review of marketing and product materials with technical content. Develop tech data sheets
and other technical literature.
- Assemble and maintain internal and external training materials on the general specifications, inputs, outputs, and FAQ’s of PSNA’s product offerings, with the goal of maximizing interaction with 80 customers by addressing routine questions by other methods.
- Be familiar with the product certifications applicable to the assigned product lines and their test/maintenance requirements.
- In cooperation with internal and/or external resources, support consistent and responsive front-line communication with 80 customer inquiries and complaints, including all documentation processes.
- Work together in partnership with Research, Technology Development, Operations, QA, Regulatory, and Sales/Marketing on a routine basis.
- Track and report Technical Services activities and metrics, working with supervisor.
- Promote ITW PSNA at tradeshow booths or at other venues, such as workshops, regional meetings or product demonstrations. Act as liaison between our organization and relevant professional associations.
- Acquire expertise in their respective PSNA’s products and platforms via interaction with operations, development, and research personnel and routinely update these departments on observations in the field.
- Support R&D in specific efforts that expand the utility of existing products.
- Attend and contribute to interdepartmental meetings, including input on product planning, design, development, transfer, and related technical issues. Seek training opportunities that enhance the technical knowledge base.
- Other duties as assigned.
Success is measured by the ability to deliver results that tie to Division goals and objectives and contributing to meeting division revenue growth and profitability metrics. Performance is evaluated on an ongoing basis through the company’s performance management
program which includes ongoing coaching and feedback between managers and employees.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong product application knowledge in Coatings, Adhesives and Sealants gained through a combination of formal training and field experience.
- Experience with the chemistries employed in the assigned business segment.
- Experience providing failure analysis in the assigned segment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures/documents.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer service skills with a dedication to customer support.
- Technical competency with the ability to stay current in technical knowledge to troubleshoot technical questions from customers and provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently (with moderate supervision) as well as proven team participation skills. Self-motivated.
- Ability to learn to discuss and troubleshoot all applications related to the assigned segment in ITW PSNA’s product line.
- Previous skills in oral presentations, teaching, training and technical writing/editing.
- Resource awareness, know where to go to find answers.
- Strong analytical/ problem solving skills
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- SSPC or NACE certifications
- Daily interactions with the Sales Team and Marketing Team
- Traditional office environment with the benefit of flexible work hours
- Occasional need (33%-66% of the time) to be in a manufacturing environment with limited heating and air conditioning
- Occasionally (33%-66% of the time) to wet and humid environments, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions
- Moderate noise level
- Travel required, between 25% and 40% of the time
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or minimum of 3-5 years related experience with technical presentations and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.