The Sales Director is a key leadership position at ITW Polymers Sealants who leads, manages, motivates, develops and retains a successful sales team to meet and exceed the division’s growth objectives. The ultimate objective is to drive profitable top
line growth and increased market share though effective promotion and selling efforts, and channel management. This role is also actively involved in crafting the division’s growth strategy based on a strong understanding of the market, our customers, the
competitive landscape and ultimately what it takes to win.
· Work closely with the division’s leadership team to gain an in-depth knowledge of our customers, channels, products, and applications to fully understand what drives value and competitive advantage in this space.
Develop and apply action plans strategic processes, to drive sales growth and source new markets and customers.
· Devise and execute a strong commercial plan.
· Lead a sales team to achieve aggressive growth targets with direct accounts and channel partners.
· Manage all sales activities and assist the sales team in managing their territories through effective prospecting, funnel management and account planning, ensuring adequate prioritization of efforts to maximize profitable growth.
· Use ITW 80/20 business model to increase sales force effectiveness to capture market share in targeted segments.
· Grow, manage and validate sales funnel reflecting well quantified probability of winning the business.
· Work with Marketing to establish a Go-To-Market approach and tactical plans for new products introduction.
· Assess and re-organize our distribution channels, to optimize our market penetration and leverage our direct sales force.
· Actively manage our pricing approval process and price increases to adequately reflect the ITW Polymers Sealants’ competitive advantage and ensure the division achieves its profitability targets.
· Establish close relationships at senior levels with current and potential customers; able to gain direct access to the customers’ key decision makers.
· Hire, develop and retain a strong team of segment and regional sales leaders to support our short and long-term growth objectives.
· Recommend and implement appropriate organization changes in a timely manner.
· Manage accurate forecast of revenue in line with business expectations and own the Sales team budget to meet profit plan requirements. Apply countermeasure process in a timely manner when actual sales fall short of forecast.
· Prepare monthly reporting package on sales performance relative to Outlook and PY.
· Actively participate and support in Voice-of-Customer efforts that inform the division’s business strategy.
· Actively collaborate on devising and developing company literature, presentations and sales tools.
· Promote, support and adhere to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
· Proven track record of achieving organic growth targets and experience in developing and implementing robust strategic sales plans.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively engage at all levels within the organization and external contacts.
· Demonstrated ability to influence others, negotiate outcomes, and articulate and execute action plans to sales staff as well as internal and external customer groups.
· Strong listening and analytical skills to interpret information from the sales staff and customers, and translate them into selling requirements.
· Proven track record of effectively leading change and improving sales force effectiveness within a diverse commercial team.
· Strong process-orientation, deep knowledge of and experience implement best practices in Value Selling, Voice of Customer, Funnel Management, Account Planning, Call Planning a must.
· Self-starter, with strong sense of urgency and ownership, and proven teamwork skills.
· Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
· Must currently live in or be willing to relocate to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
· 10+ years industrial (B2B) sales experience, including at least 5 years in significant sales leadership roles; previous experience in the specialty chemical industry a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin, Marketing or related technical field, chemical background preferred.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.